Saturday, December 26, 2020

Dear Tony


Open letter to Tony Perkins, President, Family Research Council.

24 November 2020

Dear Tony Perkins,

The first letter forwarded to my address after my Dad's passing was from your organization, asking him for money.

The letter alludes to an apocalypse, to weathering anxiety and chaos as God's remnant. I don't understand how your "remnant" could hold so many of the highest positions of power but still consider yourselves a lone Elijah, buffeted by "dangerous policies of the Left" as you "stand firm against a radical social agenda."

You promise to "seek and speak truth" but you have stood by a leader who has lied to more people more often than anyone in US history. Among the lies were many about the corona virus pandemic. (Consider reading "All the President’s Lies About the Coronavirus" last updated by The Atlantic on November 2.) Apparently, you are OK with these dangerous lies. 

I truly hope you will one day care about all families, not just those that hold to your skewed political agenda. If you were truly blind, you would have an excuse, but because you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

I cannot say whether my father would have been one of the ones spared had President Trump's administration made a reasonable attempt to curb the virus. I can say I am not proud of our nation's deplorable response. This letter from you praising the President, pretending to love truth, and begging for money from susceptible senior citizens was enough to prompt this written response of my own.

My father was ill for some time. COVID-19 only hastened his death. He will no longer be contributing to your organization. Please remove his name from your mailing list.

Sincerely,

Tim Slager
Grand Rapids, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome! I'll try not to flinch if there are nasty ones, which I understand are fairly common nowadays.